Snap, Crackle and Pop...our most colorful Poshettes!
Hello! If you have been into The Posh Pineapple, you've had a chance to visit with our mascot birds...Snap, Crackle and Pop! We got them before we opened in October of 2013 and they have been entertaining us with their singing and acrobatic shenanigans ever since.
My grandmother, Mama, taught me to love birds. She and I used to sit for hours watching them eat on a perch outside her dining room window. Once, we spotted a parakeet out with the wild birds. We figured it must have gotten loose, so we tried to catch it with an elaborate trap (a propped up box on the bird feeder with a string attached). We never did, but we sure tried. There was never a dull moment with Mama, she was a hoot (pardon the pun)!
I have had birds all my life...so there was no question...The Posh would have the song and dance of feathered friends. So, as we got close to opening, my mother and I went to buy two parakeets and ended up leaving with three. I worried about having an odd number in the cage together, but they were all so beautiful! I wanted one of each color! My mother said she would take one if it didn't work out. Luckily, they are the three musketeers and it's been fine :).
There is no doubt about it, people love the birds! We love to hear people reminisce and tell stories about feathered friends they've had. It's interesting to hear what they named their birds (there have been a lot of Peteys!). And they always smile when talking about their experience. People talk and whistle to the birds constantly.
We get asked about Snap, Crackle and Pop a lot. Here are the top 5 questions we hear:
1. "Do they talk?" No, I was hoping to teach them to say a few things, but haven't been successful. I can't tell you how many times I have sounded like a broken recorder in the morning saying...when it's just the birds and I, of course..."Have a posh day!" with a little jingle to it. Over and over again! Wouldn't that be neat? A lot of people talk to them, which I love, but I think that may be why they don't talk. And that's fine.
2. "Are they boys or girls?" Well, I selected them for their beautiful colors and their temperament (they were being "nice" to all their bird friends in the store). It's hard to tell their sex when they are young. The sales lady told me she thought I had 2 girls and a boy, but....it turns out, we have 2 boys and a girl! Snap is yellow and she's our only girlie girl!
3. "Where did you get that beautiful cage?" I knew I wanted a large cage, one that was about as tall as me. I priced them new and didn't realize how expensive they were! So, I knew I had to find one used. I searched for six months and finally found the cage on a for sale by owner site. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.
4. Here's one from the kids..."Do you ever let them fly around the store?" Ah, simple answer...no.
5. "Are they for sale?" Believe it or not, people have wanted to buy the birds and/or the cage. Of course, neither are for sale.
Snap, Crackle and Pop complete our Posh Team. They are the smallest Poshettes! I absolutely love it when they all are in song. It's simply beautiful. Come by and meet them! They love broccoli, spinach, apples and a good whistler! And comment below if you had a parakeet!
Have a Posh week!
PS - Be sure to tune in to our social media tomorrow, I have some exciting news to share! Click to follow us on: